Bring YOGA, MINDFULNESS, & SOCIAL EMOTIONAL LEARNING to students!
Thursday, March 21, 2019 8:30a – 2:30pm
To register, got to: http://ocde.k12oms.org/1252-159169
If you are a physical educator looking to introduce yoga, mindfulness and social emotional learning practices to your current curriculum, Mindful Moving will provide the tools, resources, and experiential training to support you. This innovative program uses research-evidence based mindfulness strategies and the essential components of yoga to help answer the BIG question: How do I get my kids to be more aware of themselves and others, stay focused, and take charge of their own health and learning?
Participation in Mindful Moving will yourself and students:
- Understand sources of stress triggers to reactive behaviors
- Gain awareness of the body-mind connection
- Experience the health-related benefits of yoga and stress reduction
- Discover how key Social Emotional Learning (SEL) Competencies can be developed
- How to implement self-directed, student-centered learning activities
- Enhance your personal and professional growth +
All Mindful Moving Learning activities align with State and National Health, Physical Education (SHAPE) learning outcomes, and key Social Emotional Learning (CASEL) Competencies.