Are you an educator suffering from teacher burnout? An Administrative leader trying to implement Social Emotional Learning (SEL) competencies and Mulit-Teared System of Support (MTSS) practices into your school community while investing efforts to enhance school culture? Perhaps, a parent or member of PTSA concerned for your child’s social and emotional health as they try to balance academic rigor, teen pressures and social media influence? Or are you a team member of a school district, county office, or non-profit who’s foundation is built upon the creation of programs and initiatives that holds student learning at the forefront? And lastly, are you a student, who wants a better educational setting for you to learn, grow, and thrive?
If you answered YES to one of questions above, then NOW is the time to experience a workshop or training with me.
I offer 18 years of educational insights aligned with mindfulness strategies and self-care practices that allow you to rediscover a part of yourself that may have been lost due to the demands of the educational system. Isn’t it time to rediscover the passion and purpose behind your reason to impact the lives of others?
Stress is going to occur in life — no matter the circumstance, situation, or desired outcome. How an individual relates, internalizes, and navigates stress has a direct impact on one’s health. If teachers, educational leaders, parents, and students are not properly equipped with coping skills and positive intervention strategies that allow individuals to handle stress in a healthy way, we defeat our purpose to enhance the minds and hearts of our future.
Students are in school to learn. Teachers are the driving force of creating a safe and effective learning environment for students to thrive. But what happens when learning requires paying attention, and students are never taught HOW to pay attention? Or teachers are not provided with proper training to help students learn HOW to pay attention, focus, or regulate emotions in order for them to achieve academic success?
We are in a current state of a chronic epidemic where students of all ages are unequipped to demonstrate prosocial behavior such as: empathy, kindness, gratitude, responsibility, respect, awareness, and connection. This results in statistics such as:
“Approximately 1 in 5 youth aged 13 – 18 (21.4%) experience a sever mental disorder at some point during their life.”
“More than 41% of teachers leave the profession within five years of starting.”
As startling as these statistics are, there is good news…it’s not too late.
Learn research based methods of mindfulness, stress-reduction, and self-care practices to help restore the job of preparing today’s future to thrive, excel, and hold aspects of esteemed character as productive global citizens to make a lasting impact on the world.
Workshops, seminars, half-day, full day, and multi-day training’s available for the 2019-20 school year. August dates are filling up quickly. Contact Christy for more information and customize workshops to meet the needs of your faculty, students, and school community.
Workshop & Seminar Offerings
- Learn personal tools to develop attentional stability and calm attention
- Experience self care practices to improve mental health and social well-being
- Discover methods for emotional regulation and sustainable stress reduction
- Apply effective K-12 mindfulness practices aligned with SEL competencies to your classes
Daily Mindfulness & Mindful Eating
- Develop a healthier relationship with food through present moment awareness
- Learn to identify habits that may harm your health
- Discover how to explore more joy and a new relationship with everyday experiences
- Create personal practices for positive life changes
Self Care & Gentle Yoga
- Experience stress reduction through movement and breath awareness
- Learn how to create a daily personal mindfulness and yoga practice for better health and well-being
- Improve energy, range of motion, and growth mindset
- Participate in a safely supported environment
Mindful Yoga for the PE Classroom
- Be introduced to mindfulness aka Mind-Fitness skills and methods to support SEL competencies
- Learn foundational yoga postures and movement skills aligned with national PE standards.
- OCDE Newsroom: OCDE program combines mindfulness and yoga to improve students’ physical and mental health http://bit.ly/MindfulMoving